Procedures for Move Day (Covid-19)
We will continue to operate around Massachusetts, helping our customers make a safe and stress-free move during this undoubtedly challenging time. We are observing all the Center for Disease Control guidelines and regulations related to this public health crisis and are doing everything in our power to take necessary precautions. The safety of our employees and our customers continues to be our most important priority. The vast majority of our staff is working remotely at this time, and all of our movers and essential personnel are equipped with cleaning materials and disinfectants. Their health is also assessed and ensured on the morning of any move; if they are showing any symptoms whatsoever, they are immediately sent home. We want to stress and reiterate to our customers that we are staying vigilant and working tirelessly to ensure their safety.
COVID-19 Operational Procedures (effective 3/20/20) PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Before Movers Arrive:
- Please label each room and make sure it corresponds with where it will be placed at the delivery location.Just use a piece of paper with the room name (i.e. master bedroom, kitchen, living room…).
- Please make sure all boxes are labeled with where it will be placed at the delivery location.
- Make sure all boxes are labeled on the side of the boxes.
- Movers will ask you to sign some paperwork at arrival; please make sure you have your own pen.
Moving routine (when movers arrive at your house):
- Customers must be prepared to leave their homes for the duration of the move after the initial walk-through is completed with the moving crew.
- If the customer has access to masks or face covers, we ask that they wear them during the walk-through with the moving crew. If masks are unavailable, please maintain safe distances of 3 FT or more at all times.
- Customers will be asked to sign Bills of Lading and any additional documentation before the move begins. Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20+ seconds prior to handling any documents, pens (we advise that you have your own pen for document signing)
- Please make sure to give movers your cell number, so they can contact you during the move process if needed.
- Customer also needs to available in case movers need to show them something.
- The best practice is to wait in the car until movers are done loading the truck.
- Customers will need to be available to lock the house after movers are done loading the truck (movers cannot lock the house).
- The customer is required to open the house for the movers.
- Please make sure all rooms are labeled and corresponds based on where you want the items to be placed.
- In case you chose to give the movers, direction were items to be placed, please make sure to wear a mask.
- We advise that customers stay in the car until movers are done unloading.
- When movers are done, they will ask you to sign the paperwork; please wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20+ seconds prior to handling any documents, pens (we advise that you have your own pen to do so)
- Customer will need to be available to lock the house after movers done uploading the truck /s (movers cannot lock the house)
We recognize this situation is changing daily if not hourly and are dealing with any specific move-related issues immediately and on a case-by-case basis. We will continue to monitor how this issue is being handled and will continue to provide updates through customer advisories. Carmel Movers remains committed to providing the superior service and support that you have come to rely on. Please feel free to reach out to your Move Coordinator or any other member of the Carmel Movers team with any questions and/or concerns you may have about your move.